off-toopic: paypal.com

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Fri Nov 14 21:30:34 EST 2003

Yep, before when I typed the name of the file into google, I didn't get
anything. but I found info on it when I typed in "paypal hoax" just now.
Funny, I laughed when I saw an ebay hoax like this a few days ago; I guess
I reacted with more attention to this one because of the problems I'd had
with the user agreement and because I was thinking about the accessibility
problems I've had with shopping websites recently and my first thought was
"Oh No!" But this was obviously totally suspect.
When the hoaxes and viruses masqueraded as warnings about windows
viruses, it was pretty obvious; now they're getting cleverer, or at least a
lot more diverse, with the subject lines. I guess the rule is:
never execute any kind of attachment or hit on any url within an email
unless you have reason to be really sure about it.
anyway, I should have known better than to give this one a second
glance--sorry about that!

--
Cheryl