off-toopic: paypal.com

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Fri Nov 14 21:02:26 EST 2003

All I can do is add to what others have said.  Don't run it.  Paypal would
never do this because if they did, they would be alienating their smarter
(I.E. non-windows running) customers. <g>  They would, at the very least,
give you a good reason for your account being deactivated and point you to
an address on their site where you would be able to rectify the
problem.  If you scan the file with a virus scanning program, you will
probably find out something interesting.  Maybe not though.  Let us know if
you do.

At 05:00 PM 11/14/03, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

>I tried to post this with the actual message I got from Paypal before but
>the application must have been with it and
>it was too big.
>Has anybody else gotten a letter from paypal saying their account will
>expire in five days and it's necessary to use the attached application to
>re-enroll/update their account?
>I'm wondering (a) if it's legitimate, and (b) if there's any way for us to
>do this (it's a .asp.scr application).
>I also have had problems because when I log in to paypal in lynx the
>cat lately I'm asked to
>resubmit a user agreement and when I submit it I'm told that I've used
>some non-us characters, even though I am only hitting a submit button and
>not entering anything. I submitted it in links the chain and now I don't
>get this
>when I use links the chain, but lynx the cat still does this each time I
>go to use it.
>Other than getting the .wav file with characters to be entered to work
>when registering,
>Paypal has up to now been mostly accessible, so I'm not too happy with the
>problems with the agreement and now this application we are supposed to
>use. Actually, I'm quite  suspicious of the latter.
>The email is one of those automated do-not-reply things, so I'll have to
>find a customer service email to write to, but thought somebody onlist
>might already know something about this.
>thanks.
>-- Cheryl

"It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit.
Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight,
away from the first fight."
--   "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy

PGP Key: "Aaron Cannon <cannona at fireantproductions.com>"
Finger Print: 7110 F4AF 82B9 1C1A 5875 8F7A CB72 9AA9 C315 0FE6