off-toopic: paypal.com

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Fri Nov 14 19:00:38 EST 2003

I tried to post this with the actual message I got from Paypal before but
the application must have been with it and
it was too big.
Has anybody else gotten a letter from paypal saying their account will
expire in five days and it's necessary to use the attached application to
re-enroll/update their account?
I'm wondering (a) if it's legitimate, and (b) if there's any way for us to
do this (it's a .asp.scr application).
I also have had problems because when I log in to paypal in lynx the
cat lately I'm asked to
resubmit a user agreement and when I submit it I'm told that I've used
some non-us characters, even though I am only hitting a submit button and
not entering anything. I submitted it in links the chain and now I don't
get this
when I use links the chain, but lynx the cat still does this each time I
go to use it.
Other than getting the .wav file with characters to be entered to work
when registering,
Paypal has up to now been mostly accessible, so I'm not too happy with the
problems with the agreement and now this application we are supposed to
use. Actually, I'm quite  suspicious of the latter.
The email is one of those automated do-not-reply things, so I'll have to
find a customer service email to write to, but thought somebody onlist
might already know something about this.
thanks.
-- Cheryl