2.4.22

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 14 07:16:28 EST 2003

Well, it's kinda difficult to say for sure what you mean by crap.
Certainly we've seen that Greg has had problems with it for whatever
reason.  He didn't actually figure out what his problem was so whether
it is a kernel code problem or a configuration problem would depend on
him hunting down the difficulty which he may not bother doing now that
he's got his system working reliably once again.

For my part I have not made any concerted effort to move to 2.4.22 but
I do have three machines out of about a dozen using it with no
difficulties so far.  I would say that 2.6.xx is considerably more
flakey than 2.4.22 at this stage and that's taking into consideration
that there are major configuration differences between the 2.4.xx and
2.6.xx code lines.

So in my opinion 2.4.22 is not particularly scrap.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061