returning ext3 to ext2

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Nov 9 11:58:11 EST 2003

No, ext3 did also have the .journal file, unless something has changed
since I did it.
I know, because I deleted at least one when trying to go back to ext2. You
should have a .journal on any partition where you ran tune2fs to get the
ext3 system, unless you chose to put the journal on an external device,
and I imagine you'd know if you had chosen to do this.
Also, if you are changing to ext3 or changing back, don't forget that you
have to also change /etc/fstab accordingly.

--
Cheryl