fetchmail question

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Nov 9 10:47:56 EST 2003

Hi all.

Scott, I've got no idea what your fetchmail problem is all
about. Maybe try reinstalling fetchmail, and see if that makes a
difference.

As for moving from mbox files in /var/spool to Maildirs in the user's
home directories, the only mtas that I know of which support Maildirs
are qmail and the courier mail server.

Having said this though, I believe that newer versions of procmail
support Maildirs. So, you should be able to pipe your mail from your
mta, through spam assassin, and then through procmail, which would put
the mail in the user's Maildir.

In order to create the Maildirs, you will need the maildirmake
program. I don't know where you could get that separately, mine came
with qmail.

Maildirs are also crash proof, whereas the standard mbox files are
not.

Hth somewhat.

Greg