terminal servers

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Fri Nov 7 17:00:52 EST 2003

That's pretty much where I was about to go.

The base system needs to be am image that can be dumped directly to each
terminal.
Everything other than that--/usr, /bin, /sbin, /home, and so on, can be
NFS mounted.

The matter of /etc and /var comes to mind.

It might be good to have these NFS mounted as well, but resident on the
server, and spesific to each terminal.  (with /etc.  You would only have
to do it with parts of /var, I believe, such as /var/log, /var/lock,
/var/run, etc..)

Luke