Speakup Modified Fedora Core 1 now available.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Nov 7 16:13:31 EST 2003

And, now that the iso images are up, the web pages and a revised
installation HOWTO will follow shortly. Probably a few days.

William F. Acker writes:
> From: "William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209" <wacker at octothorp.org>
>
> Hi all,
>
>      I just finished uploading ISO images and kernel RPMs for the new
> Fedora Core 1 distribution.  It has undergone little to no testing, so
> it's more than possible that there might be some stupid bugs introduced
> when I rebuilt the installation tree.  Those who are unduly bothered by
> software breakage might want to wait a few days before downloading the
> stuff.  Others, who can't resist the opportunity to hose^H^H^H^Hupgrade
> their systems with the latest and greatest Linux software are encouraged
> to give this a spin.
>
>      Call or write with reports of any successes or failures.
>
>      How to get the goods.  Go to:
> ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/disks/fedora/1/.
> There, you'll find the ISO images, the ones with i386 in their names are
> the ones for installation, boot-orig.iso, a four meg iso image suitable
> for installing from the stock Fedora Core disk set, boot.iso, a bootdisk
> made for the current modified images, and kernel RPMS for adding Speakup
> to an
> already installed Fedora Core 1 system.
>
>           Enjoy.
> --
>

> Bill in Denver

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group