Speakup Modified Fedora Core 1 now available.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Nov 7 15:20:02 EST 2003

Hi all,

     I just finished uploading ISO images and kernel RPMs for the new
Fedora Core 1 distribution.  It has undergone little to no testing, so
it's more than possible that there might be some stupid bugs introduced
when I rebuilt the installation tree.  Those who are unduly bothered by
software breakage might want to wait a few days before downloading the
stuff.  Others, who can't resist the opportunity to hose^H^H^H^Hupgrade
their systems with the latest and greatest Linux software are encouraged
to give this a spin.

     Call or write with reports of any successes or failures.

     How to get the goods.  Go to:
ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/disks/fedora/1/.
There, you'll find the ISO images, the ones with i386 in their names are
the ones for installation, boot-orig.iso, a four meg iso image suitable
for installing from the stock Fedora Core disk set, boot.iso, a bootdisk
made for the current modified images, and kernel RPMS for adding Speakup
to an
already installed Fedora Core 1 system.

          Enjoy.
--