OT: PCMCIA Problems

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Nov 7 00:39:34 EST 2003

I have a Hitachi M120D Notebook I've installed Slackware9.0 on (I
started this before 9.1 came out), on which I cannot get the PCMCIA
support to work.  I first started out with one of the pre compiled
Slackware kernels and I also tried with a custom kernel with
statically compiled PCMCIA support.  In all cases, I get the message
telling me that no /proc/pcmcia device is found.  If I remember right,
I think this message popped up when I would run the rc.pcmcia
slackware supplied script.  I'm pretty sure that script attempts to
load any respective PCMCIA related modules.  I'm new to this PCMCIA
thing so don't know all my options yet.  I've read the PCMCIA HOWTO
some but I feel like I'm still missing something.  When this notebook
computer had windows on it, it found the PCMCIA modem in there so I'm
reasonably sure that PCMCIA does work some how on this box.  I would
sure like to get linux to work with PCMCIA on this box so I can do
network connectivity and all that good stuff.

I know, this may be vague so far, but where can I go from here? I do
have some log files available if anyone is interested or if they can
help any.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
<Steve>
--