windows 2000 machines cant see samba

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun Nov 2 19:47:25 EST 2003

Hi all. I have two different versions of windows running on my networked
pc's. the older ones that cant handle anything newer are running win 98
se. These machines can see the shares I have on my linux box fine and I
can mount shares on them from linux. On the faster machines I have
win2k. This cant see the samba machines nor can the linux box see them.
Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? all the machines are
connected to the same lan.
I'm running samba 2.2.8 slackware 9.1.

--
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?