RFC on solution to Rejean's situation

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Nov 1 21:17:04 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Luke Davis wrote:

> 7.  The current configuration is this:
> The network of switched Windows boxes, go through the DSL router.
> The Linux box goes through a router, which connects to the cable modem.
> The Linux box, has a second card, which links it to the Windows network.
> This is not ideal.

What I would do is ditch the second router and run the Linux box direct to
the cable modem.  Then I'd just set up the route for the second ethernet
card in such a way so that it only talks to the internal LAN and not the
internet through the DSL connection.  Surely an additional Linux box with 4
network cards is making things more complicated, not less.

Geoff.