setting up a modem

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 24 23:12:01 EDT 2003

Hello Alex,
I have a US Robotics modem and I have to do the following
run the isapnp commands
pnpdump -c >filename
then
isapnp filename
then it will say board 1 found at.. and give a lot of info  what you are
interested in is the port 0X3F8 or something like that and the IRQ that it
lists
then I do
setserial /dev/ttySY irq y port 0xyyy
where y is the parameters specific to your system. You may want to add this
to a boot script when you figure it out.. I add the isapnp commands and the
setserial and direct it to /devnul and my system works happily.

The serial and modem how tos are good resources too.
Sincerely,
Patrick

---
Patrick Turnage