Invalid inbox.

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 13:44:03 EDT 2003

Hello, everyone.
Ever since upgrading to Red Hat 9.0 I've had many problems getting mail
working which is unusual.
The first was a fetchmail problem which I solved, but another problem has
appeared which I am unable to solve.
After fetching mail from the earthlink pop server I can not find email in my
pine inbox, and infact pine clames there is no inbox.
I went to mutt, and was setting it up when mutt gave me the error:
"/var/spooler/mail/tward1978 is not a valid inbox."
I then created a test account, and mut and pine gave the same results. any
ideas what is wrong, and why all the mail programs seam to think my inboxes
are not valid inboxes?
Does anyone have any fixes, suggestions, or can lend a hand in this?
 Thanks.