converting real audio to mp3

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu May 22 08:53:09 EDT 2003

I've generally had pretty good luck with this method; in fact, I have
found the process to go several times faster than simply listening to
it.  I think when the real audio stream is played or piped into vsound
it can go as fast as vsound can suck it in.  The only thing I have
experienced once in a lone while is some how the stream will break and
the process abort.  When this happens, I just start that particular
task up again and it usually completes ok.  I guess it is a timing
issue of some kind.

But other than that, it has always worked well for me with no artifacts.