boot disks

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue May 20 21:48:25 EDT 2003

I went that route a while back and had a hell of a time getting
modules to load.  I got some basic stuff from the new Woody (3.0)
disks to come up on my machine but as soon as I tried to do anything
serious like setting up my network interface or just about anything
else, I kept getting unresolved module errors.  I could never seem to
get the modules to match up with the available kernels or any kernels
I custom built myself from my existing Slackware machine.  Also, the
default debian kernel is, I believe, 2.2.20 and Most other distros are
running 2.4.20 now.  Of course, Debian is updating regularly and
frequently so that might be old news by now.  Any how, I eventually
gave up on getting Debian to install on my box after fiddling with it
for over a week.  I went back to Slackware and had it up and running
within a few hours completely.