dj 0.1 available

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Tue May 20 15:08:52 EDT 2003

Hi gang,

I have posted a small program called 'dj' which is a front end to
some audio players. It relies on the mime.types and mailcap files
to figure out how to play various kinds of sound files on your
system, and plays either a named file or set of files, or a whole
directory of sound files, either randomly or in alphabetical
order.

The package includes sample mime.types and mailcap files from my
own system, but of course they will need to be edited to match
your system. One neat thing about this package is that it uses
ncurses to handle the text console and does so without losing
track of the cursor. It remains very speech friendly.

You can download this one from:

http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh/dj-0.1.tar.gz

I formerly used a similar program called 'clips' and another
called 'listen' to play sound files in a directory or individual
named files, but 'dj' integrates and replaces them both, and the
ncurses thing is nice too.

Help yourself, and makes checks payable to speakup at
speech.braille.uwo.ca

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (73% of Full)
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh