bug in CVS Speakup 2.0.

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Mon May 19 22:37:53 EDT 2003

I just installed CVS Speakup 2.0 to try it out and found what I believe to
be a bug.  I use an Accent PC.  When I rebooted with the new kernel, there
was no speech at all.  Luckily, I also have Brltty, so I was able to log
in and I looked at the output from dmesg and it showed the Accent PC being
detected.  Also, the numeric keypad seemed to be under Speakup-s control.
After some fiddling around, I discovered that if I pressed insert+enter,
the accent would suddenly wake up and Speakup would respond "you turned me
off!"  Another press of insert+enter would turn Speakup back on and it
speaks correctly from that point.  So, it doesn't speak until it is turned
off and back on.  Is this a bug or is it deliberate?  On a positive note,
I'm glad to see you've got cursor tracking working so nicely!