broke Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat May 17 17:48:49 EDT 2003

I don't recall exactly when the deal changed but by default linux
untars directly into linux-2.4.20 (or whatever version it is).  I then
use syn links for linux to point to the actual directory.  Speakup 1.5
would patch into this perfectly.  The new CVS checkout scripts can now
be run from with in /usr/src/linux-version. or from just about
anywhere else if the path is specified with the command line.
Somewhere between 2.4.18 and 20 this changed from the old linux top
level default.

HTH.