samba anoyances

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Mon May 12 19:43:14 EDT 2003

Go to control panel, then network options, then the identity tab and see what your windows box thinks its called.
That's the name you have to give samba.
Also make sure you have actually selected, in file and printer sharing, that you do actually want to share files with other computers, its off by default.
Finally, make sure that both boxes have the same idea as to what your network's wns server is.
if you don't already have one, set samba up as one by changing
wins server = no
to wins server = yes
in your samba config, then point your win2k box at the samba box for wins support.
Regards
Aaron