Where is gnome-autogen.sh?

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Sat May 10 14:32:15 EDT 2003

Hi
You must get gnome common and compile it, with the prefix of /usr. That
will give you
gnome-autogen.sh in your /usr/bin directory where slack 9 puts its gnome
binaries.
If you're not using slackware 9 you'll have to find out where your gnome
prefix is. Every gnome library must be compiled with the correct gnome
prefix. Anyway, you need to also get intltool from the gnome site and
compile it as well.
However, I've not gotten gnome-speech or gnome-mag to compile at all.
Running the autogen.sh script on them gives me the following errors in the
automake Makefile.am files:
LDFLAGS is a user variable, you should not change it, use AM_LDFLAGS instead
When I change the variable to AM_LDFLAGS, the resulting created Makefiles
are empty. I'm running slack 9 now. I'll be trying rh9 here soon, maybe
they'll compile on there. if they do then they either have rh-specific
stuff in them, or slackware's automake is nonstandard. Have any other
slackware or debian users gotten these to compile? I'd be interested to
know if anyone on a distro other than rh has gnome-speech and gnome-mag
compiled. Not sure if gnopernicus will compile or not, since without
gnome-speech, I'll never find out.