best way to install rh9?

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Thu May 8 00:41:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

     I don't know of a program for verifying a kickstart file.  If your IP
address is routable, I'd be happy to help you with a telnet installation
over the phone.  The Speakup keymaps are available in RH9, although there
a little old.  They'll be fine for an initial installation.  I do
recommend that you upgrade the kbd package along with the kernel.  Use the
clean kernel-source-2.4.20-9.i386.rpm from RH to add the CVS version of
Speakup to.  You'll have to hand patch keyboard.c, Janina or I can help
with that.
Any questions, call or write.
          HTH.

--