alsa and kernel

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue May 6 14:09:56 EDT 2003

By all means, make the kernel modules and install them and then deal
with ALSA drivers.  Personally after compiling the kernel several
times, I've about decided to backup the sound directory in
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel and simply untar it back in after each
recompile.  For whatever reason, on my machine 'make install' from the
alsa-driver directory causes a complete recompile of all modules every
time consuming lots of precious time.  This shortcut ot to work.

Any how, installing the alsa drivers after doing a 'make
modules_install' should keep them from being wiped out or overwritten.