Problems Installing Speakup Mods

Hugh Esco hesco at greens.org
Mon May 5 13:18:35 EDT 2003

Hey folks:

When I attempted to follow the directions on the users.wpi.edu/~blinux/
site to install the modifications to Speakup so it would use the Festival
synthesizer, after cd middleware; I ran make and got the following errors.
Please advise what I may be doing wrong.  I'm at my friend Adam's place
and would really appreciate some help today on this if possible.
Otherwise it may be two weeks before I can get back over here.

Thanks,
Hugh Esco

cc -I/usr/local/include -I../speakup -O2   -c -o middleware.o middleware.c
middleware.c:1: unistd.h: No such file or directory
middleware.c:2: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
middleware.c:3: sys/stat.h: No such file or directory
middleware.c:4: fcntl.h: No such file or directory
middleware.c:5: stdio.h: No such file or directory
middleware.c:6: pthread.h: No such file or directory
In file included from middleware.c:9:
festival.h:46: stdio.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:47: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:48: unistd.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:49: string.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:50: sys/types.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:51: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:52: netdb.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:53: netinet/in.h: No such file or directory
festival.h:54: arpa/inet.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [middleware.o] Error 1