dialup perhaps

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Thu May 1 22:29:59 EDT 2003

Friends,

Sorry I'm still writing this from my wife's winblows box. I will someday order me a new motherboard for m Linux box or sit down and get speech yackin' on my firewall where the mail lives. I am in the process of selling my house so haven't had time to order a board and hope UPS can deliver it with folks pooring in and out of here. Man its tough having to run out half a dozen times a night after working all day so someone can plod through your house.<grin>
Well here's the question. I may have to go dialup until I can either get ADSL or cable in my new home which will be some month/months away assuming i sell. I think someone mentioned a service that was free or really cheap I could use perhaps for checking my mail and such. I would appreciate any info on this or at least if in fact this is the list I read it on. I could go search the archives, but in the event time becomes a problem, any help is appreciated.
The other question is that obviously once I have to give up my current ADSL line, my domain will have no server to receive mail. I was wondering if it would be possible to have my mail queued on a server I could then use fetchmail to pull it down from. I don't get that much traffic and its jst my wife and I. I'd hate to loose touch with the list and all you good people, but I'll likely be living at my folks for a minute while I settle the mess of moving.
Oh don't let anyone tell you selling or buying a home is fun cause its not, it sucks.<grin>
Any advise on what my options are would e really appreciated.

Scott