Festival compilation under Slackware 9

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu May 1 21:00:53 EDT 2003

I know others on this list have built Festival under Slackware 9.0.
However, I decided to try it out and can't even get the speech tools to
build.  After running the make all the way to the end, it bombs at the
linker with this:
g++ -O3 -fno-shared-data -Wall -o ch_lab ch_lab_main.o -L../lib -lestools
-L../lib -lestbase -L../lib -leststring -ltermcap -ldl -lm -lstdc++
../lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `std::__pad<char,
std::char_traits<char> >::_S_pad(std::ios_base&, char, char*, char const*,
int, int, bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ch_lab] Error 1
make: *** [main] Error 2

So, anybody else get this and what was the work-around?  Am I missing some
library or something perhaps?