question about speakup and festival kernel

Keith Watson Kwatson at smed.yi.org
Thu Mar 27 13:06:17 EST 2003

Ok, After 5 hours last night and 4 hours so far today, I give up!

I tried both options. I first tried the precompiled version on a
RH8 desktop and on my laptop. Both exhibit the same behavior.
Havent' got a sightling to read me the screen yet, but with what
little sight I do have I can see the same message flashing on the
screen.

After patching a 2.4.19 tree and following the instructions for
compiling, I see no entry for fest in "make menuconfig".  Make
dep works but when I try to make bzImage it bails, with the same
errors as previously noted.

Guess i'll wait and see what happens next.

--
Keith Watson
kwatson at smed.yi.org

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace