question about speakup and festival kernel

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Thu Mar 27 01:42:09 EST 2003

Hi all:
Well, after much effort and some choice words... I still can't get the thing to compile! It's the exact same errors I described earlier. My question is this: was this
module built and tested under a clean 2.4.19? Or was it some distro-patched kernel, such as redhat and mandrake use? Funny thing is, in the original speakup
1.00 source, I find the references to `parent', which is claimed to not be declared. Yet when compiling normal speakup. no problems. So what file, or symbolic
link, or whatever am I missing? I really want to get this running, and I can't use the compiled binary due to my audio board being only supported by alsa drivers,
and when I try to load them under the precompiled binary, I get unresolved symbols all over the place. Not that this shocks me.

Regards
Jacob