bogus tty entry

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Thu Mar 27 06:36:28 EST 2003

I know you don't want to reboot, but I would recommend just that. The
slackware 8.0 boot scripts will clear out the utmp file when you do this.
They issue a "cat /dev/null > /var/run/utmp" which effectively
clears the file out. Don't do this yourself as the system won't function
right until you reboot if you do. Logins, runlevel, and some other things
will break.

--
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net