Festival Module (precompiled kernel)

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Wed Mar 26 11:37:49 EST 2003

Hi matteo,

Thanks again for the help (in advance).

I got your precompiled kernel; untarred it in my system's root
directory; everything went where it was supposed to go. Put the proper
entry into lilo and rebooted. The kernel booted--but no modules
loaded. I have no network access. Looking at syslog, I see it says
something about no system map and, therefore, no modules loaded. How
does one generate this to get modules to load?

System (well, the one that I'm putting Festival-enabled Speakup on) is
a Thinkpad A21M laptop; 256MB RAM; 800MHz P3; Debian GNU/Linux. ...

Thanks,
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,