Festival Module for Speakup

Owen Patrick Smith ender3rd at WPI.EDU
Mon Mar 24 16:34:52 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Matteo Fasanella wrote:

> Hi, I wrote a Festival Module for Speakup.

Hello,

Myself and my two project partenors are working along the same lines as
you.  See our (somewhat outdated) website at http://users.wpi.edu/~blinux
for a description of our work.  Our code uses the device file system to
transfer the data while yours appears to use a system call that was added
for the purpose.  Our code also includes SMP protections even though
Speakup itself does not on the theory that sometime soon it may.

The reason I am writing you is that your code does not mention anywhere
(except in festival.h) under what lisence the code is being released.  If
you would tell us if your code is GPL'ed or under some similar lisence
that would be useful as we may wish to use your middleware.c file as the
basis on which to build our own.

Thank You,

Owen Smith
ender3rd at wpi.edu