software speach with speakup

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 21 16:14:20 EST 2003

Sspeakup could be given some kind of dormant state, if
"speakup_synth=software", which would cause it to not start trying, until
"speakupd" told it that the speach subsystem was ready to receive its
data. Yes, I know there's no "speakupd", but there could be.

It could buffer any screen review data received until this point, and then
start outputting the backlog, prior to new data.

Luke