files missing

Juan Hernandez juan at wurldlink.com
Fri Mar 21 02:07:56 EST 2003

howdy yall, I just installed slackware 8.1, and am now installing apache 1.3.27 from source.  when I do a ./configure --prefix=dir/path, it says it cann't find a file crt1.o, I got that file off a freebsd box and put it into the /usr/lib dir, then it asked for a crti.o and I put that file into my system, now it says can not find -lm, can someone please tell me what library I am missing.  What did i forget to install when I installed slackware 8.1? THanks