new to the list

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Mar 13 09:31:51 EST 2003

I don't know where you ultimately found the CDROM drivers you needed
but there is a generic speakup-enabled boot disk for normal IDE and
for SCSI based systems.  Look for speakup.i for IDE and speakup.s for
SCSI.  I'm referring to the bootdisk images here.  If you ended up
having to use one of the specialty discs for other drivers, let me
know which one you used and I could perhaps prepare a speakup version
for you.  They just created two speakup boot images.  Otherwise, you
would double the size of Slackware's boot system.