Hello & a question

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Fri Mar 7 00:23:51 EST 2003

You can hear the Doubletalk yourself at
http://www.rcsys.com

BTW, the Mac OS X is BSD-based, not Linux-based. However, many
commands are portable across different un*xes, as most of them are
part of GNU software anyway (www.gnu.org)...so there will be a lot
similar, though I can't speak to how similar configuration systems are
between Redhat and BSD (or even Redhat and OS X). I suspect, though,
not terribly similar, but you'll get a flavor for how a real
multi-user OS runs. ... :)

You won't, however, be able to use Speakup on OS X. Emacspeak should
work fine, provided you use either some software-based speech like
Festival or Flite with the eflite server, or can make a hardware synth
work with a Mac. I was under the impression that everything was done
USB on Macs these days, so I don't know how easy a Speakup-enabled
Linux would run on a Mac for just that issue.

As I've spent a lot of time saying I don't know, I'll shut up now.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,