Bookshare & O'reilly books make an aggreement

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Tue Mar 4 21:52:31 EST 2003

Hi all,

Nope, bookshare, thanks to Jim Danley and some others now has an
unpack tool in Linux.  I have beta tested it and found it excellent.
The web site works well with The Cat.  I don't know how well it works
with The Chain.  You do have to pay $75 initially, $25 to get set up
and $50 for the year, though if you volunteer in some way, you can
reduce that rate considerably, I understand.

they are not available to folks outside the U.S., but they claim to be
working on ways to accomplish this.

<smile>  Frankly, I prefer to spend my time volunteering at Kirk's
site, but I may throw them a book or two  and might get my rate
deminished to a reasonable level.

Naw, Steve, I wouldn't have joined if they hadn't been accessible to
Linuxers.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons