More Problems Installing Speakup

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 4 03:33:48 EST 2003

*SNIP*
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> When you changed accounts to root, did you also change ownership on
that
> rpm package to root before attempting the install?  chown root
> filename.rpm will do it.

I don't believe that shit above. like bill stated root can read any file
it wants so why go changing ownership and group when you don't have to.
let's get our information true and correct people, and yes I do it too
so that's as much my fault as the next person's.
the only time you'd want to chown a file is if you've copied it from one
users's dir to another and u can't access it for whatever reason.
oh well,
plenty more misinformation to go around I suppose,

--
Shaun Oliver

"We're upgrading /dev/null"

EMAIIL: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au