More Problems Installing Speakup

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Mon Mar 3 00:07:43 EST 2003

I did this:

Tared the download of the CVS tree (comes down in a directory "speakup").
I then brought that to my (unconnected) Linux machine, and un-tarred it in
/usr/src, moved it to speakup-1.00 as the new directory name, and made a
simlink of "speakup" to it, just because.
I already knew that install expected /usr/src/linux, so I made that link
to the actual 2.4.20 source tree.
I then ran install, and got the output I forwarded.
Note that the directory listing I gave, was of /usr/src/speakup-1.00
(simlinked to speakup).

Regards,

Luke