Configuration Files

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sat Mar 1 01:26:01 EST 2003

Okay, thanks.  That helps initially.  As I believe this speakup-utils
package is doing, those can be written to by a program, which can read a
human-configurable file to determine the values.

This may be the way to go, but it is not very integrated with the program
itself, and it may eventually be more valuable to make direct
modifications to the internals, maybe to something not provided in /proc.

Leave it to me to start planning the hardest way of handling something,
long before considering that there may be an easier way of doing it.  In
this case, there is an easier way, but I still think that my original
solution may prove the better way to go in the end, while this will
certainly work for now.

I still want comments on this idea (particularly from Kirc if he's
reading).

Luke