Configuration Files

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sat Mar 1 01:46:36 EST 2003

I was trying to figure out how to do that earlier, with no luck, short of
rewriting many many many things.

Once I dig into the source, however, I'll see if I see anything that makes
it easier than I think it will be.

Something along these lines was mentioned in one of the todo files, so
they may already be working on this.

This is less interesting to me right now, for personal reasons.  In all
the years I have had on screen readers, for the functions that Speakup
currently, and is expected to, provide(s), this wouldn't be of too much
use.  If I want to hear most punctuation, I rarely want to hear less,
unless I am reading fiction, or something of the like, in which case I
just disable those anoying punctuations.  If we were dealing with screen
windows, bar tracking, and other such interesting things that Speakup
doesn't even seem to be planning to do, then maybe; but I just don't see
the value of it yet, except as a very high end convenience.  However,
that's just me, and I do realize that it should be possible at some point.

Luke