Changing Keymap in CVS Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jun 30 08:12:17 EDT 2003

Ah but try this.  Press and hold the control key, then read current
word by pressing k.  While still holding down the control key, press
and hold shift or control ant then type a speakup leter like j or k.
Now let go of all keys and start pressing the key-pad enter key.  It
toggles speech on and off over each time pressed until I tap the
control key to "release speakup mode".

Yes, from what I can tell, the toggling of caps lock functionality
does work as you mentioned below.  Might this cause speakup mode to be
toggled as well?

Does this make more sense?