Changing Keymap in CVS Speakup

Terry D. Cudney terry at CottageInWasaga.com
Sun Jun 29 20:37:35 EDT 2003

Steve,

	This is a repeat of a post from before your question, but in essence it said this:

	The key labelled "Caps Lock" on your keyboard is used as the Speakup-enabling key for the laptop keymap We call it the Speakup key hereafter:

	On the cvs laptop keymap shift+speakup should toggle Caps_Lock.

	Due to a bug in current cvs, it does this, but only if you press the shift key first... not if you press speakup then shift. Corectly, the two keys together should toggle Caps_Lock, reggardless of the order in which they are pressed.

	Additionally, the Control+speakup and alt+speakup will toggle Caps_Lock if the Control or Alt key is pressed before the speakup key. This is a known bug.

	If you hold down the speakup key and then press the Control or Alt key plus one of the designated qwerty keys, things work as expected.

hth,

	--terry