This DHCP is too dynamic

Darrell Shandrow nu7i at azboss.net
Sun Jun 29 17:43:14 EDT 2003

Hi Janina,

Unfortunately, it would seem your friend may have a bigger problem than just
the practical inability to use a service like dyndns for consistent domain
name resolution.  Each time a device's IP address changes, any TCP sessions
or UDP streams will cease to function.  They will have to be re-established
using the new IP address.  Does your friend complain of constant "loss of
connectivity" or similar networking issues despite using a "always on" DSL
service?

A+, CCNA, Network+!
All the best to coalition forces carrying out Operation Iraqi Freedom!