what does he do about an address book

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Jun 25 00:01:05 EDT 2003

Tecky, <hmmm> shouldn't take too long to figure out his mail problems
then should it:)

Actually, most mail clients that we use in text mode of linux have
their own address books.  I know for certain that with both pine and
mutt, another mail program, "aliases" or address book entries are
maintained and completely accessible to the message composer.  They
typically involve giving the address entry a short name or "tag" and
then when writing a message, you can simply put in that "tag" in the
to: or cc: field of the message and the address(es) are expanded and
properly resolved.

I happen to use mutt; it takes a bit to configure just the way you
want at first but it runs like a true champ for me now.