mainmenu

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Jun 14 19:35:08 EDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Alex Snow wrote:

> In my opinion this gnome review could've waited another 6 monts at least.
> until gnopernicus is a little farther along in development and a viable
> alternative to winblows.

Actually, I disagree with you here.  If it had been much longer, I would
have been convinced that Gnopernicus is yet more vaporware.  It's still
far from done, but I'd say it has gotten further than any of the other
aborted X screen readers.  Anybody remember UltraSonix?  How about Beam
XVI?  There web page hasn't changed in several years.  This review was
enough to convince me that at least Gnopernicus still has a chance of
actually being completed.