plan for software dectalk?

Tyler Spivey tspivey8 at softhome.net
Fri Jun 13 13:28:36 EDT 2003

possibly. i don't have a credit card, or any way to pay for it - and i can't
fork out that sort of money yet.
i've got the linux version capturing the emacs manual through vsound - at a
speech rate of about 350. i had to rewrite all the punctuation settings.
it's topping 1.2 gigs when i left home - been going for 12 hours now.
not sure how long it's going to take, and it's at 22050 hz or about that.
i'll probably abort the thing - since it is way, way too big for an mp3
file.
but i had nothing to do, and some space to burn, so decided to do that. it
doesn't seem to take up much of the CPU time, even on a p2-200.
well, not sure about that, but the operation hasn't been affected of the web
browser, or anything else.
was thinking of converting the bible, but it's twice as big as the emacs
manual, even with all punctions hcanged to spelling equivalent.