alsa problems

seth creature zorkmed at comcast.net
Tue Jun 10 00:50:20 EDT 2003

Hi all:  this seemed a good thread to jump onto, as I myself am now having
sound problems, but I know it's not alsa since I've not installed that yet.
I've just discovered that I seem to have sound card support, as my sound
card is turned on at bootup, and is detected as an analog devices ad1881.  I
know the sound card codac loaded, but when I tried to modprobe for the
snd-pcm-oss and so on, modprobe reports that it can't find that module.
I've used the oss support on my old sound blaster, and kernel 2.2.18 and all
went well, but having kernel 2.4.20 and a built-in sound card, don't know
what to do from here.  Any help would be most welcome, as I'm new to linux
in general, and know just about enough to be self destructive.  Thanks all
who are willing to help... cheereo!