alsa problems

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Sun Jun 8 20:18:54 EDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Deedra Waters wrote:

> I keep getting this problem with alsa on any version of alsa I compile
>
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
> 00000000

Well, if it's with every version, it's unlikely to be an alsa problem.

Have you:

1.  got the latest version of the alsa drivers, libraries and utils?
2.  Got the same versions of drivers, libs and utils, at least where
possible?
3.  Configured your kernel with sound in, i.e. you said yes to sound, but
no to *everything* else?
4.  Removed all the oss-based modules from your /lib/modules tree?

All these could be causing your problem.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808