Help needed with DECTALK EXPRESS

jacobs at surferie.net jacobs at surferie.net
Wed Jun 4 19:33:49 EDT 2003

Hi
First thing I'd do is check my express speaker. You can do this by plugging
headphones into it. Does the volume problem still persist? Normally the
express is quite loud on headphones when the volume is on max. If it's not,
then its a pretty safe bet its not your speaker. If it is your speaker,
contact whoever you ordered it from and either have the replace the speaker
if they can or replace the unit. Alternatively, get a low-cost external
speaker and plug it in to the headphone jack.
Second problem could be improperly loaded firmware or corrupt flash rom. In
either case all that needs to be done is to flash the firmware. It should be
provided on the disk that came with your express. Install this to a dos
partition and read the file upgrade.txt for firmware update instructions.
Note the firmware upgrade should be done in pure dos, not a dos box from
windows.
HTH