reinstalling

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Tue Jun 3 09:50:53 EDT 2003

You don't need the boot floppy to do the install with speakup. With a
bootable cdrom, just enter

text synth=<SYNTHNAME>

and then press enter. The install will start talking for you from that
point on.

So, for example with a Accent SA, you would put:

text synth=acntsa   <ENTER>

NOTE: you want to type in the information after the cd stops running the
first time.

Hope this answered your question.

Stephen Dawes  <B.A., B.Sc.>
The City of Calgary                   |  Phone: (403) 268-5527
   Web Business Office #8300          |  Fax:   (403) 268-6423
   PO Box 2100 Postal Station M.      |  Email: Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
   Calgary, Alberta, Canada. T2P 2M5  |  Web:  http://www.calgary.ca

NOTICE::
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.